Tuesday, June 16, 2009

16 June 2009 Scintilating 70

This isn't the best picture I've ever taken, but it was an experiment, so bear with me. This lovely bouquet of muguet--Lily of the Valley, comes from a friend's garden. She invited me to dinner at her house for a pre-birthday celebration. The food was wonderful, the conversation, too. Thanks Donna!

Marc came down from Montréal last Saturday to celebrate my birthday. He took me to Sunday brunch at the Astral Restaurant, which sits atop the Concorde Hotel. It slowly turns, giving one a 360° view of la belle ville de Québec. It was a sunny, clear day, so the view was just as great as the food. No pictures of the view, because I forgot my camera. No comment, please. Afterward, we a walk in the nearby Jardin (garden) de Ste-Jeanne d'Arc. Every kind of flower one could imagine is there, expertly arranged. What a wonderful day! It's great to be 70!
Marc left Monday morning, after coffee at my favourite coffee house (below), The Second Cup Café.

0 comments:

Post a Comment