Monday, May 16, 2011

Spring Has Sprung?

The question mark in the title is due to the uncertainty of our Québec spring; for every warm day, there seems to be five cold, rainy and windy ones!
A Yahoo! group I belong to, CST (Canadian Stamp Talk) issued a challenge to use ribbon on a card. It was a challenge for me, indeed, since I hardly ever think of using ribbon!
Background paper from Cornish Heritage Farms, stamped with SU Linen, which doesn't show up well in this scanned photo. Card base is SU Night of Navy. Ink:  SU Wild Wasabi. I used Michelle Zindorf's technique of loading my image and text stamps first with VersaMark, then Wild Wasabi, stamping and then heat embossing with clear ep. The text stamp is Hero Arts Spring, the image is Stampabilities That Look.  
No matter how carefully I measure and line up the cs when attaching layers, something happens at the last second and...wonky layers. Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment